Wholesome, nutritious food at a reasonable cost is our mission.
A small group of individuals wanted to combine their resources to provide the community with wholesome, nutritious food at a reasonable cost.
To realize this goal, the group started the Ever’man buying club in 1973, with the first official location in a log cabin in Gulf Breeze. Three years later, Ever’man became legally incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation in the State of Florida.
Eventually, Ever’man Natural Foods Cooperative, Inc. moved to a storefront location on 12th avenue in Pensacola and remained there for approximately 18 years, until in 1991. At that time we moved to the Quonset hut on 9th avenue.
In early 1999, Ever’man made a 4th move to our current Garden Street location in the heart of downtown Pensacola. The building was a once-vacant 11,000 square-foot tire store which our team transformed into a full service grocer with a deli, community room, and community garden.
In 2013 Ever’man Natural Foods Cooperative, Inc. celebrated 40 years of serving the community by expanding and renovating our store on Garden Street, including the addition of a new community education center, more retail space, and expanded green space. All of this has been a true testament to the power of a community that rallies around wholesome, nutritious, and environmentally conscious living – come see why we’re better than ever!
Our Food Product Policy
At Ever’man, our policy is to provide healthier and more nutritious alternatives to conventional offerings while still providing our members and customers with a wide variety of foods.
As such, Ever’man will emphasize and promote:
- Organic foods.
- Whole or minimally processed foods.
- Non-GMO foods.
- Products that are cruelty-free.
- Items that are Fair Trade.
- Items that are packaged in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Locally grown products whenever possible.
Our buyers will use a Product Evaluation Form when bringing in new products. Items offered for sale will be expected to meet or exceed our standards. Limited exceptions to this procedure will be made only under the following conditions:
- If there is no more healthful alternative available.
- If member demand for a particular item is strong and the product committee determines that the product is acceptable.
All exceptions will be noted on the shelf.
We will not carry food products that contain the following ingredients on the label:
- Artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, artificial flavorings or artificial preservatives.
- Meats containing hormones or antibiotics.
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG).
Members and customers are a powerful resource for Ever’man. We will provide our Product Evaluation Form upon request. Blank evaluation forms are available at the customer service desk. All recommendations will be addressed in a timely manner.
Our Return Policy
Our staff takes great pride in making sure all products are of the highest quality available. We want you to be pleased with all of your purchases but if you are not for any reason please take the item and the receipt to Customer Service. They will be happy to make it right.
- Receipt dated in the last 30 days is required for a refund.
- Returns made after 30 days will be exchanged or given store credit.
- Returns of Co-op merchandise without a receipt will be exchanged or given store credit.
- Refunds will be based on type of original payment.
- Purchases made by check will be given store credit.
- No refunds, returns or exchanges may be made after 90 days from original purchase.
- We require identification when accepting returns.
- Special orders and clearance items are not refundable.
Ever’man strives to help members of our store and our community to achieve goals of improved nutrition and health. We are happy to sponsor local events that support healthy living and sustainable lifestyles. For more information, watch our video below.
Each year Ever’man donates thousands of dollars in product and services to local organizations, non-profits, festivals and events. If your organization would like to be considered for a donation, please apply by filling out the donation request form and emailing it to our Marketing Manager at email@example.com.
To downloadform click here: Donation Request Form 2015
Recycling is no longer available at Ever’man (or any citywide drop-off sites) due to the closing of the business used by Escambia County. Please stay tuned as the county tries to resolve this issue.
Additional community involvement includes:
- Support of local farmers.
- Teaching students about natural and organic foods and healthy lifestyles
- Providing educational resources about health, environment and wellness (brochures, magazines, wellness education, shopping tips and recipe kiosk, newsletters, coupons).
- Setting an example as environmental stewards for the business community.
- Participation in decision-making groups to continually improve Pensacola.